Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Twilight Zone Part III (Can't we be done?)

This is the last exchange, I promise. When the ad hominem attacks start that's when I quit engaging. We find ourselves in the last episode...

On the Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone - Where intelligent males don't interact with illogical women.

Dear Mary Ann,

"The first law of history is not to dare to utter falsehood;
the second, not to fear to speak the truth."
Pope Leo XIII

I agree but you apparently do not. My error is expecting a woman to be logical. You can find all of the arguments you want to support your position, but they are not according to right reason. I wish you well but do not pretend to teach or interpret the word of God. Jesus did not ordain any women for good reason. As for the bishops they could have stopped abortion and pedophilia a long time ago. Sodomy is rampant in the Church.

You say, "A baby bottle is a feeding tube." While I agree there is a similarity, baby bottles are being used to substitute or replace the natural source, a mother's nipples. This is an example of unreasonable thought processes. Breast milk is a natural process of life designed by God for a particular purpose.

Ask the Vatican if your baby bottle argument is reasonable.

Sincerely in Jesus Christ,
Fr. David



Dear Father,

Thanks for the laugh. Bet you think I'm a bad driver too. Your last email was so filled with irrelevancies and (dare I say it) illogic that I'm almost speechless. But, being a woman, I know that's impossible so I'll respond.

I note you didn't address the Vatican documents that have come out on this. Do you question the logic of the men who wrote them as well? I also note you didn't answer my question about whether you are a priest in good standing. As for your ad hominem attack and extraneous insult of women in general -- the ad hominem is the last ditch approach of a man with a bad argument.

The most logical human (other than Our Lord who was God) was a woman, Mary. She was also a teacher and spiritual advisor to the first priests. I think God gave the priesthood to men because He had already raised a woman to the role of co-redemptrix. And you might recall that it was a woman, St. Catherine of Siena, advising a pope. She is also a doctor of the Church as are St. Teresa of Avila and St. Therese of Lisieux. I try to follow St. Therese's little way of humility and that of the humble saint associated with the recently-celebrated feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Bernadette. Father Hardon often said only little people will get into heaven. Terri and Eluana are the little people (along with the unborn babies) whom you would kill by dehydration.

I was a little astounded by this statement, Father:

Those of you who have joined in the fight to have kept Terri Shiavo alive, or this 36 year old woman, Eluana Englaro, from the rewards of death will not have a part in rewards of God's kingdom unless you repent.

Who exactly is playing God? I can't imagine repenting for following Jesus' admonition to feed the hungry and give drink to the thirsty. I will serve Him in his least ones as long as I live and today the least ones aren't just in the womb, they are in hospices and nursing homes.

I wish you well and will pray for you.

Sincerely in Christ,

Mary Ann

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I'm stunned. I thought it would have been nice to know what diocese he belongs to also. He sure went to personal attacks and left charitable arguments behind...sad.

    ReplyDelete