Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Bible at Your Fingertips

Don't have a Bible handy but have your I-phone and want to look something up. Here's a handy reference to put the entire Bible (New American which is the lectionary version) literally at your fingertips. And it proves that the USCCB is actually good for something.

I'm reading Acts of the Apostles during the Easter Season. It's one of my favorite books because it reads like an adventure story with travels, shipwrecks, miracles, heroes and villains. And we are still living that post Resurrection adventure story. The villains today abound which gives us plenty of opportunity to practice heroism.

3 comments:

  1. I realize that the New American is what's used for the Novus Ordo Mass, but really, it's an embarrasment. Even if I went to the new Mass, I wouldn't use that translation of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The USCCB is good for something"...unwise to give any ground.

    http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/apr/10040606.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without turning this into a NO vs. Traddie discussion, I am a NO Mass goer and have the DR translation on my iPhone, and paid $4.99 for it. I <3 it and can appreciate the purpose behind the different translations and vernacular used.

    That said, the Douay Rheims has some cool footnotes and interesting tidbits in the app. I think the NAB is something like $27 for the app, so using the USCCB's NAB online is a good free alternative. :)

    ReplyDelete