Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Ann Coulter gave HOMOCON an earful: Does that justify her appearance?

HOMOCON is over and Ann Coulter gave them an earful, speaking against same sex marriage and criticizing their attemp to portray themselves as victims similar to victims of racism. So, does Ann's giving an in-your-face speech justify her speaking at the event? Not in my opinion.

I have to agree with Joseph Farah's assessment. If you speak to the KKK you give them credibility regardless of whether you criticize their positions or not.
If a celebrity chooses to speak to the Ku Klux Klan, there is no question the Klan benefits from such an appearance – no matter how much the speaker might attempt to explain the differences he or she might have with the group's agenda. Justifying such an appearance by suggesting it's just another paid speaking gig would hardly mollify the criticism or negate the benefit the Klan received from the event.

Of course, no one in respectable public life would consider speaking to the Klan for those reasons.

However, I would suggest the ungodly, sin-glorifying homosexual agenda represents a far greater and far more imminent danger to the future of the United States than does the Klan's racist, ungodly and sin-glorifying agenda.

That's not to say we should never speak to or evangelize sinners – be they Klan members or homosexual activists. In fact, that's exactly what we should do. What we should never do is... validate their activism in any way. [my emphasis]

The homosexual network wants to be in the news. Controversy serves their purpose. That people are arguing about their legitimacy gives them credibility. That's what Coulter did and I agree with Joseph Farah that it was wrong.

5 comments:

  1. To equate gays with the KKK is a little over the top. Put a sheet over your head and pretend that they are black and who do YOU resemble?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badk at ya. Put a sheet over your head and pretend Christians are black. And who do you resemble?

    Homosexual activists have jammed and defamed Christians all over this country for having the gall to defend the institution of marriage and the family and for opposing teaching elementary children about anal sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair I do think that bearding the tiger in his cave takes a lot of guts. So it ought to be recognized as a form of witness. She wasn't pandering to their agenda.

    I have not seen the text of her remarks however, so I don't know if she was a strong or weak witness. I'd like to see the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ron about the KKK example being a little too much. Christians who oppose gay marriage don't go around lynching gays and burning crosses in their yards. Likewise, gays don't go around lynching conservative Christians.

    I think we all need to keep in mind that homosexuals are not to be persecuted. Homosexual acts are evil, not homosexual orientation. What we have is a classic example of "Hate the sin, not the sinner." It is necessary to condemn gay marriage, but often times people end up, intentionally or not, condemning gays. A little bit of respect from both sides would go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to disagree with you, anonymous. Respect is something that's earned. I don't respect homosexual activists who flaunt their perverted lifestyle and intimidate Christians who dare to stand up to them. I don't respect adulterers who run off with other people's spouses. I certainly don't respect abortionists who kill babies.

    What you may have meant is that we should treat all people respectfully which I have always tried to do. I have never screamed at a homosexual, feminist, or an abortionist although I've had many confrontations with them from rescues and sidewalk counseling. If they are willing to talk, I present facts and raise questions.

    I cannot say the same, however, for some of them. I've been surrounded and screamed at while I was quietly praying (I still shake when I recall one incident at a rescue where I was singled out and cut off by a mob of feminists and gays who got in my face and screamed at the top of their lungs while I stood silently holding a baby model and praying).

    I've had snowballs thrown at me, received more obscene gestures than I can count, and been cursed out royally. I've also had my car and yard vandalized. None of these folks was wearing a white sheet at the time, but they certainly had the thug-approach down pat.

    ReplyDelete