Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where's Jesus? In the Little Red Wagon!

A friend of mine said I should post some happy things in honor of the season. (I always listen to you, Karl!) The bad news will hold for awhile. So when I got this lovely little story in my email today, I thought I'd share. It may not be true, but it's sweet and certainly could be. My little two-year-old granddaughter has been carrying Jesus all over the house. I had him hiding in the hay until Christmas but she found him. After I put him up, she had to make do. So she went into my doll cupboard to retrieve a tiny porcelain baby doll she insists is also Jesus to put in the manger. She loves "baby Jesus" and wants him now!

Is Jesus at your house? Will you carry him off out of love and gratitude? And what treasured memories do you have of Christmas? I hope you'll share.

A Christmas Story

It was the day after Christmas at a church in town. The pastor of the church was looking over the crèche when he noticed that the baby Jesus was missing from among the figures.

He hurried outside and saw a little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the little infant Jesus. So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get your passenger, my fine friend?"

The little boy replied, "I got Him at church."
"And why did you take Him?"

The boy explained, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told Him if He would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give Him a ride around the block in it."

















No comments:

Post a Comment