Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Barack Obama and Values Clarification

In a 2004 interview with then Chicago Sun Times reporter Cathleen Falsani, Obama discussed his opinion of what constitutes sin. His answer is straight out of Values Clarification, the philosophy that you decide for yourself what principles you want to live by and make choices based on those principles.. In other words, you make your own values (You are your own god.) and then you remain true to your own values. In other words, if your value is wealth and fun, the chief goods in your value system, you may decide that to lie, cheat, or steal is justified to acquire your "good." This explains a lot about the way this president does business.  It also reveals his faux Christianity since, for the Christian, sin is "being out of alignment with [God's] values." Unfortunately, most of the children in our schools have been brainwashed through values clarification which means they are in sympathy with its tenets. (Just look at the statistics on cheating at places like the military academies where "honor" is supposed to rule.) Now, what do you think an election season will look like where values clarification rules the process?


FALSANI: "Do you believe in sin?"

OBAMA: "Yes."

FALSANI: "What is sin?"

OBAMA: "Being out of alignment with my values."

FALSANI: "What happens if you have sin in your life?"

OBAMA: "I think it's the same thing as the question about heaven. In the same way that if I'm true to myself and my faith that that is its own reward; when I'm not true to it, it's its own punishment."

1 comment:

  1. Let's see, I can choose between hellish agony, or heavenly bliss...let me think about this for a nanosecond. Oh, I've got it....

    ReplyDelete