Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Liberal Fascism" in New York City

Big Brother government is on a rampage against super-sized sodas -- at least in New York City where obesity is a serious problem.. No doubt you've read about Mayor Bloomberg's effort to make it illegal for fast food establishments and street vendors to sell sodas larger than eight ounces.

I wish I could say this was a joke, but he's really serious. This is the same city that was going to outlaw salt added to restaurant food. (Did that goofy law pass? Anyone? Anyone?) Well, we all know that obesity is a BiiiiiiiiG problem and the government is busy making plans to send the SWAT team to in to raid the pantry.

What is it with liberals anyway? They talk about being pro-choice, but want to eliminate everybody's right to choose their own junk food. Does anyone really believe that a law banning super-sized sodas will change the eating habits of the obese? Dream on! And here's what the view of this nonsense is from the U.K. calling it a "whiff of liberal fascism." Yup, that about sums it up.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if other people ever did this, but our family would occasionally buy a Big Gulp to save money - we would forego the ice and split it among all the family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost laughable...I say almost. I know I'm overweight and only I can change that...government can't make me eat less or excercise more. So what, I can only get a 12 oz soda...guess I'll buy 4 if I want that much. This is as bad as seat belts, car seats, health insurance, etc. I am responsible for myself. It's not big brothers job to make the decision for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, liberal policies are really about controlling minorities and saving money. (We know their support for abortion is not about "women's health".)

    Bloomberg knows that minorities are disproportionately obese and suffering the health consequences. because they drink more-than-their-fair-share of the outlawed Big Gulps. Bloomberg needs to fix this since the City pays for their healthcare. Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" exercises are primarily targetting black children though it she pretends it is for everyone. Same with nutrition controls in the schools.
    MaryG

    ReplyDelete