Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why I Love Patrick Henry and Virginia

Patrick Henry was from the great state of Virginia. In his last will and testament he wrote:
I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian Religion. If they had that and I had not given them one shilling they would have been rich; and if they had not that and I had given them all the world, they would be poor.
With flag day tomorrow it is a good time to reflect on patriotism, a noble virtue. I'm going to offer my rosary today for our Christian founders who gave us such a good start. That we are foundering is not due to their efforts, but to those who are busy drilling through the hull of the ship of state in what appears to be a deliberate attempt to bring about our ruin. May God raise many Patrick Henry's who share with him these sentiments:
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Read his full speech before the Virginia legislature.  




No comments:

Post a Comment