Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Meditation: Focus on Families, Your Nuclear and Parish Families!

I love Sunday and today is a double dose of fantastic family fun. The Knights of Columbus just resumed their pancake breakfasts after the summer break and I enjoy going over after Mass to visit with friends while I enjoy a breakfast I didn't cook. Since Larry was working, I caught up with a few girlfriends I don't visit with that often. We talked about people who need prayers, our own health challenges (Don't old folks always end up there? LOL!), and what our kids are doing. It was a delight.

From there I came home to wait for two little granddaughters to come over and play. Our youngest and her husband just celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary and didn't have a chance to go out yet, so we offered to babysit while they spend an afternoon doing whatever they like. The girls and I did a puzzle,
went out on the swings, and had hot chocolate with marshmallows. Larry just got home from working the pancake breakfast and now they are playing cards together. When that's done, we are making cookies to include in a care package for our oldest grandchild who is a freshman at Franciscan University of Steubenville. Think we'll include some drawings as well.

When Pope Francis made celebrating the family on Sundays one of his ten tips for happiness he was right on. Larry and I always try to think about how to make Sunday a day that includes our family whether it's a phone call to a son and daughter who live far away, letters written to a few grandchildren, or emails to immediate and extended families. And of course, we offer our rosary for them.

Spending Sundays playing with and thinking about family definitely brings a smile to my face. They are a major source of my happiness!

How are you celebrating this Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment