Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Who is the King of Your Heart?

On the Feast of Christ the King....What matters to you most? Your possessions? Your significant other? Your next meal? Your addiction?

Why would you settle for things that will fade, rust, and die? Even the people in your life are a threat to your salvation if they become idols who take the place that only belongs to God. When you love them in Him, your love for them is true and pure and good.

But do you know God? Do you know how intimately He loves you and wants to be the Lord of your life? Bow down today before Christ our King and beg Him to show His face to you. Once you look into His eyes, truly look into His eyes, nothing in life will ever satisfy you again except your relationship with Him! "O Lord, you made our hearts for Thee and ever restless will they be until they rest in Thee." (paraphrasing St. Augustine)

Lord Jesus, reign in my heart and make me grow ever closer to Your Sacred Heart that beats with such love for me. Mary, my mother, take my hand and lead me to your Son that I might be His humble maidservant as you were!

I love you, Lord Jesus, increase my faith.

1 comment: