Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

"Love, love, and once again, love" God!

Pray today that God's divine mercy will fall on this vale of tears.

"God has given me to understand that there is but one thing that is of infinite value in His eyes, and that is love of God; love, love and once again, love; and nothing can compare with a single act of pure love of God. Oh, with what inconceivable favors God gifts a soul that loves Him sincerely! Oh, how happy is the soul who already here on earth enjoys His special favors! And of such are the little and humble souls."                                      
                                                                   Sr. Faustina's Diary #778

What will you do today for love of God?

(Note: This is the original image of Divine Mercy painted by E. Kazimierowski in Vilnius in 1934. I prefer it to the more modern image because it has more of the look of an icon and Jesus is more masculine in appearance.)

2 comments:

  1. This was the picture we hung in my 16 year old son's hospital room when he had a bone marrow transplant for leukemia in 2004. "Jesus, I Trust in You" was our prayer and our consolation. Today he is more than ten years post transplant, cancer free and on no medicaton. Jesus is infinitely worthy of our trust and our gratitude.

    John Sterett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer this Image to the other also. I have a priest friend who has a Divine Mercy related community that he founded in 2003. On his habit is the other Divine Mercy Image. He says that our Lord showed him in prayer how he wanted the habit to look. I don't know if this means that our Lord prefers the other over this one, however. In fact, I doubt He cares about which is more beautiful over another, because remember, He said to St. Faustina that the beauty of the Image is not in the painting itself. Still, like you, I do prefer the original here. To me, our Lord is more masculine, and the painting itself has a look that comes off as much more mystical than the other. The only thing I don't like about it is how the hair of Jesus is parted in the middle. I think He would have looked more handsome without the part. This is just my personal preference, but I certainly do not intend to judge or question this in a bad or sinful way, because that is, after all, the way He chose to appear to St. Faustina, as shown in this, the original Image!

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete