Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Evidence Mounts that Neonicotinoids are Killing Honeybees


As a beekeeper, I'm really concerned about this. You should be too. Honeybees aren't the only pollinator but some crops, like almonds, are almost 100% dependent on honeybees. So if you care about the food you eat, you need to care about honeybees.

I'm especially grateful for the sleep help honey offers to insomniacs like me. I didn't mean to be an experiment, but I am. 

I slept pretty well all winter when I was drinking a cup of tea with honey every night. When the weather warmed up, I stopped and after three weeks I had bad nights three or four times a week. It occurred to me that the problem began when I stopped drinking my cup of evening tea. A few days ago I started up again and within two nights noticed the difference. I'm still not sleeping really well, but figure after a week or so things should be re-stabilized. How I look forward to a good night's sleep again. 

So check out the health benefits of honey. Number ten is the one for me! Keep in mind that they're not talking about the highly processed honey from Costco. Look for local, unprocessed raw honey. It has pollen from local plants that can help folks with allergies and all kinds of important amino acids, enzymes, and vitamins that contribute to overall health. So add raw honey to your diet. Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting topic. My wife is very much helped by methods that replace the various processed food offerings imposed by our American cost-efficient mechanized food machine with those more natural things that appear as God intended. Natural, non-mechanized food production is enefficient and cost prohibitive, but when you tie natural food procurement in to consuming less of everything; only the minimum necessary, then it works quite well in its own way.

    I passed this on to her. I'm sure it will help. (Side benefit: no more Costco-sized two gallon jugs of honey filling an entire pantry shelf for a year at a time).

    ReplyDelete