Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2026

Hell on Earth is the Default Position in Massacusetts (and Elsewhere)

While I was at the beach, my grandkids were feeding goldfish to the seagulls. We were at Assateague Island National Seashore and it turns out that it's illegal to feed seagulls at national parks. Gosh, who knew? My two year old grandbaby could face a $5,000 fine and spend up to a year in jail. 

Meanwhile, Maura Healey, the faux Catholic governor of Massachusetts, where it's also illegal to feed seagulls, recently signed a bill allowing babies to be killed in the birth canal. Just slit that unwanted little parasite's neck so he comes out dead. But don't feed the sea gulls; it can send you to jail.

That, friends, is the definition of hell. We all know that baby seals and eagles' eggs are protected. And now we know that seagulls have rights too. Although the seagulls love goldfish. They might not appreciate their right not to be fed by the tourists.

Pro-abortion liberal leftists are liars and always have been. Remember when they said they wanted abortion to be safe, legal, and rare? That was a lie. Their fingers were crossed behind their backs. They've never cared about whether abortion is safe. Legal abortion kills many women and increases the risk of breast cancer especially if a woman aborts her first pregnancy. Abortionists aren't in the business to discourage abortions, so they keep women in the dark about the risks they face. And they'll say anything to pass laws allowing abortion on demand. That's how they got it. Wave a bloody coat hanger and lie about the number of women dying. Bernard Nathanson who ran one of the biggest abortion facilities in the world described how he and Lawrence Lader fabricated data to get Roe v. Wade passed.

What pro-aborts want is any abortion at whatever stage of development the baby is. Make it always legal, on demand without apology, and as many as possible. After all, like trans mutilation abortion is a huge moneymaker for the "doctors," the pharmacy companies, and the abortion businesses. They love the money and what it buys. 

Sometimes abortion providers are defensive. I remember the administrator of the Northern Virginia Women's Medical Center (Murder Inc. as one doctor called it). We held a number of rescues there and I got to know Sharon personally. I debated her on a radio program once. While we were waiting, I admired her fur coat and she got defensive. I hope that was an indication that she still had a not-quite-dead conscience. 

That was almost 50 years ago. I pray she's had a conversion since then. I'll offer my rosary for her tonight and for one of her nurses, Pam. While looking for them online I found a site listing abortion businesses. There's one now in Alexandria within walking distance of our old home there. I was horrified to see it right near the Sherwood Hall Library. What times we live in when people protect animals, wring their hands over the climate change hoax, defend the most violent criminals while imprisoning people for praying, and murder babies like snapping their fingers without a thought.

Come, Lord Jesus. Things are getting too crazy. We need rescue!

7 comments:

  1. Getting rid of Roe v. Wade allows the states to make their own abortion laws. That can mean getting rid of abortion or it can mean expanding abortions. This is what you wanted. Massachusetts draconian laws are the direct result of you and others like you campaigning to get rid of Roe v Wade. Be careful of what you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting that I have a greater history in the pro-life movement than you do. And your comment is ridiculous on its face. Massachusetts was always a death state for the babies before and after Roe. The state situation made some states abortion capitols, but that simply made the horror more visible in those states. Before Roe v. Wade, states that had previously approved of abortion were rethinking their approval. New York, one of the most abortion-crazed states in the country passed a law overturning their permissive law in 1972. It only failed because Rockefeller vetoed it. The Catholic rule of subsidiarity applies here. The closer the law is to the people the better. And today there are a number of states making abortion nearly impossible in their boundaries. God will bless those states. The fight goes on and will until judgment day. Frankly, as you point the finger, I wonder if you have ever done a thing to save the babies. How many hours have you volunteered at pregnancy help centers? How many times have you been sidewalk counseling or praying at an abortion business. Actions speak louder than words.

      Delete
    2. You have to make this about yourself? Yes, I know, you have always been politically active in this movement. That is my point. You cannot get rid of abortion through politics. Politics is not the answer.You cannot impose your will on others and think that is going to make everything better. The only way to get rid of abortion is by changing peoples hearts. People have to come to the knowledge that abortion is evil. Unless and until that happens, nothing will change. And you cannot change peoples hearts through politics.Just getting rid of rRoe did not get rid of abortion and never will get rid of abortion. Your way is just to attack and steam role. It doesn’t work. Massachusetts is the proof.And by the way, I prayed in front of abortion clinics for 10 years. I don’t regret it, but St. Teresa of Calcutta said that praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament is much more effective.

      Delete
    3. Does it have to be either/or. Isn't it both/and? When Catholics and other Christians quit politics because getting their hands dirty was beneath them, the liberals took over like a tsunami. The monks' motto is ora et labora. Of course, prayer comes first. We agree on that. Massachusetts proves nothing. Did Jesus death and resurrection eliminate evil from the world? He gave us free will. And yes, it's about me and it's also about you. How will we use the talents God gave us to witness in the marketplace? Thank you for your prayers outside the abortion businesses. When I was sidewalk counseling we always had more success when the prayer warriors were there, especially accompanied by a priest.

      Delete
    4. Look at the biggest mass conversion in history. It was in Mexico after Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared. Up to that time the Aztecs were doing human sacrifices, and the Catholic Church was getting nowhere in stopping it. Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared and in a couple of years, there were 9 million conversions. Why? Because their minds and hearts were changed. They stopped the human sacrifices not because someone told them to, but because they now believed it was evil.

      I am old enough to remember when Roe became the law of the land. I literally sat down and cried. When it was first overturned, I was thrilled. I thought now there would be less abortions. But overturning Roe has only resulted in hardening people's hearts, and the law in Massachusetts is Exhibit 1.

      No, politics never works. Was it politics that convinced you abortion was wrong? No, you believe in your heart abortion is wrong and will believe that no matter what the law says. Roe v. Wade never convinced you otherwise. And overturning Roe did not convince anyone that abortion was wrong. You cannot just impose laws on people who believe those laws are wrong and unjust, and like it or not, the American people believe that abortion is a human right. They believe that to outlaw abortion is to take away people's rights. Further, yelling at them and attacking them only enforces their belief.

      St Teresa of Calcutta said, "“If people spent one hour per week in Eucharistic Adoration, abortion would be ended" No mortal human being can change the heart of another. That can only be done by the grace of God. The 9 million conversions in Mexico occurred through the grace of God, not by any politician, not by the passing of laws. Getting into people's faces and calling them liars and evil will not change them. But the grace of God can change them and that is what I pray for.

      Delete
    5. I agree that prayer comes first. We are also called to work. Jesus did not refuse to speak to Pilate, the political leader in Jerusalem. Roe v. Wade was an atrocious decision and revoking it was a good.It is obviously not the end of the battle but the Church has always taught that we have an obligation to be involved in the political process. If you want to stay home, not vote, never research candidates, etc. that's up to you. I think it's a mistaken notion. Quietism is an error not a virtue. Anyway, you've had your say and I'm not posting any more comments like this. We change people's hearts by both prayer and witness. And frankly I find offensive your accusation that those of us who disagree with you are "yelling at" and "getting into people's faces," and "calling them liars and evil." Admonishing the sinner is a spiritual work of mercy. It needs to be done with charity, but not to do it is a sin of omission. Please pray for me as I will for you today when I go to holy hour.

      Delete
  2. I suppose in abortion emotion seems to overcome the facts. When I was in high school and college (both Catholic by the way) I have to say I was pro choice. The reason was simple, I was misinformed. A baby was called a fetus, equating it to just another body part like a gall bladder. We were brainwashed into thinking just another body part to be deal with as you wish. I was not until later that I finally came to grips to the fact he/she (not IT) was a human being. That is what changed my whole outlook. While many who get abortions consider the baby nothing more than a lump of flesh at least the Satanists consider it a baby. I read a chilling account by Zachery King, a former high priest with the church of Satan (link is here https://www.lepantoin.org/wp/former-satanist-i-performed-satanic-rituals-inside-abortion-clinics/ )Where after a sex orgy a young women is impregnated and just before birth an abortion is performed and the baby is offered to Moloch as a child sacrifice. If this does not convince people that abortion is just pure Satanic evil then I give up hope for them. Politicians on both sides are to blame for where we are right not. Democrats (the party of Satan himself, and cowardly Republicans afraid to take a stand).

    ReplyDelete