Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Visiting the Desert or should I call it the Wasteland

My husband and I are in Richmond this weekend at the Knights of Columbus convention. I never sleep well in a strange bed so I decided to skip the 7:00 a.m. Mass at the hotel and go to a local church later. I checked out two on the web that were only a few miles away: St. Edward the Confessor and Epiphany of the Lord. St. Edward's had an orthodox-looking website and a schedule that included 9:00 a.m. "daily" Mass so I barely looked at Epiphany's site, just the mission statement which sounded a little too touchy-feely.

So off I went next morning to St. Edward's arriving about six minutes to nine. Hmm...didn't look good. No cars in the parking lot. But I got out anyway and checked the doors - locked up tight. I peered through the glass and saw a roomy foyer with an attractive wooden statue of St. Edward.

I was walking back toward my car.... Read more here.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's important that as much info as possible gets shared far and wide, when there is good news about Catholic Churches that want to fulfill *Christ's* mission statement! Next time you're in Richmond, try St. Joseph's - http://www.stjosephrichmond.org/

    ReplyDelete