Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Guest Post: Confessions of an SSPX Sympathizer by Ken Foye

Like his Master, a man of sorrows mourning the devastation of the liturgy.

The author of the article below, Ken Foye, posted a link to his piece on my Facebook page. I'm glad he did and I share it with enthusiasm. He does not attend SSPX services; they aren't available to him in Japan. But his article is an objective view that treats the SSPX with respect. I appreciated our contact very much and urge you to read the article. It's interesting to note that while many attack the SSPX and falsely accuse them of all kinds of things, all I hear at the chapel I attend is teaching on the faith and worship that is clearly aimed at God. There are no showmen on the altar, only priests acting in persona Christi. There are no diatribes against the pope or the conciliar Church, just solid preaching on the gospel and exhortation to live a life of virtue in accordance with the will of God. All I can say to anyone curious about the SSPX is what Jesus said to Andrew and John, "Come and see." We welcome newcomers with open arms!

Confessions of an SSPX Sympathizer Living in “Novus Ordo Land”

Unless I attended some as an infant or toddler that I don’t recall (I was born in 1967), I’ve only been to one Traditional Latin Mass in my life, as I described here. I wish I could attend the Latin Mass regularly as well as introduce my wife to it. She converted to Catholicism about 20 years ago in a Japanese diocese that probably hasn’t had a Latin Mass in decades, so the Novus Ordo is all she knows.

We live in the northern Japanese city of Hakodate, though, which means the nearest Latin Mass for us is in Tokyo, more than 500 miles away. That Mass is offered by the Society of St. Pius X, which has been active in Japan for nearly 30 years and opened its first priory in the country just over one year ago. [Read more here...]

3 comments:

  1. Sadly it's the same situation here in Spain & I believe in most of Europe. The NO Mass was viciously enforced by the post VII Hierarchy & is still adhered to despite every effort to have the TLM offered throughout the country. The very few elite places in the world who have it refused to acknowldge our position until Tradiciones Custodes suddenly appeared. I believe if we had been united from the beginning this would never have happened, but then maybe God has a good purpose for letting it occur. We can only increase our prayers for this crisis to be staunchly confronted & eliminated & for the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary to be carried out according to her instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Priest refers to his Order as the equivalent of spiritual EMTs. They exist to apply Doctrines of the Church to those who are spiritually injured, perhaps dying, in need of “Corporal Works of Mercy”. They exist to point out to authority within the “Ark” where there is damage to the ship, where the leaks are to save souls endangered by a boat taking on secular water.

    SSPX are the “sheepdogs” of the Catholic Faith. They are, truly, *guardians of Tradition* whose purpose is to assist the Apostolic Line to return to and remain within the Faith, once delivered by God to Man through the Apostles. Their aim is to pastorally stand with, not stand above. They aim to protect what is most precious through faithful protection and delivery of the Sacred Deposit of Faith.

    MedTechs. Sheepdogs. That’s how I see them (and by their own words they see themselves). We must have our Apostolic Line back within the structure of the Catholic Ark of Sacred Tradition, and that is the point of SSPX. Their role is prominent now, because the need for them us so large due to grave harms being done to the Faithful and our Ship. They are not Captains. They are helpers, healers, heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mistake: "Spiritual" Works of Mercy.

    ReplyDelete