Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

The Issue isn't the SSPX Consecrations; It's the Revolution in the Church!

 
I don't always agree with Michael Matt, but the video below is excellent. Matt discusses Bishop Thomas Paprocki's recent  statement that the SSPX have become Protestants. Bishop Paprocki is wrong.Without being disrespectful, Matt questions the bishop's opinion and raises profoundly troubling issues about the crisis in the Church. 
Central to his talk is the fact that the fight is not really about the SSPX consecrations, but rather the revolution in the Catholic Church. We need to pray for good bishops like Paprocki who, I sincerely believe, will, at some point, recognize and respect the actions of the Society and the emergency that necessitated it. With regard to Matt's video, if you don't want to commit to the entire 50 minutes, there's an abridged version that's twenty minutes shorter which I also posted below.

The revolution in the Church is real just like the Arian crisis was and the attack on the Church in England in the 16th century under Henry VIII and Elizabeth. We too are called like the 4th century Catholics and the recusants of the English realm to resist. We either embrace the faith as taught by the apostles and the doctors of the Church or we adopt the modernist synodal path of sodomy and syncretism. You can't have a foot in both camps because they are mutually exclusive. 

I'm not saying that everyone has to join the SSPX, but we all surely must embrace the truth and reject any novelties that conflict with the revealed doctrine of the Church. They are abuses at best, heretical at worst. There are different ways to avoid error. For me, it's been to go to the SSPX chapel. What others do in conscience to adhere to the truth as taught by Jesus Christ is up to them. I won't speak for anyone else's conscience but my own.

What we all must do, however, is never to leave the Church. Those who claim I have left the Church (some with insults and uncharitable attacks) are wrong. That will never happen. I love the pope and pray for him daily. I respect the papacy. But I cannot follow the pope over the cliff when he teaches things I know defy Christ's doctrines. The synodal way is shocking and blasphemous. I reject it. I must reject it because my parents and godparents spoke for me at Baptism and I made these promises. "Do you reject Satan and all his works and all his empty promises?" I do! I reject the blessing of sodomy. I reject the syncretism that all religions are paths to heaven. I reject the synodal way. I reject the false teaching that those in adultery may, in some situations, receive the Body and Blood of Christ. I reject modernism, the synthesis of all heresies. I will not bend the knee to lies and errors.

I offer Michael Matt's assessment of the revolution and urge you to join the counter revolution. We are called to keep and defend the faith. Let's do it with the help of God and through the intercession of he Blessed Mother, our twelve-star general.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment