Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Got Hope? No? Check out this blog!

Despite all the bad news, I find myself filled with hope these days. Why? Because generations X and Y (the birth ages my kids fall into) are picking up the sword of the spirit, the word of God and fighting for the faith. Here's one delightful example, a blog started by my daughter-in-law Martina and a group of her Catholic Facebook Friends. The blog, Catholic Sistas, has numerous contributors, most Catholic mothers of young families.

They understand social media and are using it to spread the good news. They know how to network for good. They remind me of all the communities St. Paul wrote to wrapped up in one and joined electronically. Their blog covers all things Catholic. You find women celebrating big families and some mourning over infertility and child loss. They share serious issues and just for fun stuff. Some home school, some are working moms. They ask for prayer and they offer perspectives on faith issues. And they do it all with such style. The blog only started a few weeks ago and already they have had 5600 visitors, many leaving comments. What a wonderful support group these ladies are for each other and for women in the Church. They reflect the dignity of women Pope John Paul II talked about in his encyclical.
 
I am so proud of all my children who have unique gifts and talents that they use so well. And I'm proud of my younger, much younger, "sistas" in the Lord who I know will touch many minds and hearts through their on-line friendships.
 
Do yourself a favor and go mingle with the sistas awhile. It will renew your hope and lighten your heart.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary Ann, thanks so much for this post and your recommendation for the Sistas blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for the blog love. :) We are going .com in the next week or so and are super excited to see what God has in store for us next.

    ReplyDelete