So how can you become holy this Lent?
- Replace all your lightbulbs with those newfangled twisty things that leave you in the dark.
- Skip using your ipod one day.
- Turn down your thermostat
- Take a shower instead of a bath. (Hey, just go dirty. That will save even more energy!)
- Use cold water in your washer and only do full loads
- view the calendar with more silly suggestions
Remember the song Where are the Clowns? Well now we know -- they're in chanceries all over the country trading the Catholic faith for earth worship. What's especially laughable is that, on top of everything, it's based on pseudo-scientific claptrap! Now I want to know whether Archbishop Wuerl knew about this. It sure makes him look foolish. And I couldn't find anything about it on the website. If it was there and removed when the ridicule started, maybe it's time for the archbishop to eliminate that Environmental Outreach Committee. Why should the people in the pew fund this kind of ridiculous nonsense and why would any bishop want to let them make him look like the ringmaster at a circus? All he needs to do is chnge the cut of his chasuble.