Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Yikes! Who Made Him the Grand Poobah?

Governor bans travel in Massachusetts by Executive Order "until further notice."

And when I say BAN, I mean get ready to be arrested!

Now I don't go out in the snow normally. I like to hunker down with a good book and a cup of tea, but I don't think politicians have the right to close every road in the state to its citizens. (How about out of state folks?)  I remember a big snowstorm in February eight or nine years ago. My husband and I flew into Dulles coming home from a trip out west, and had a very snowy ride home.
In fact, we were snowed OUT. I dropped my husband off to dig a car spot at the end of the driveway and went over to the church to park and visit a friend until he called.At church I found a fellow parishioner with a scoop clearing the Church lot. When he was done, he went over and dug us out.

But consider the results if we arrived at the airport only to be told that no one was allowed to drive on the roads in Virginia and we'd have to camp out at the airport until the ban was lifted.

Who is the governor to decide that HE has the right to close every road in the state and determine which citizens have a legitimate need to drive? But that's a liberal Democrat for you! (The media are excluded from the ban, of course.)

And another thing. If  he can do it for a snowstorm how about for other situations as well? What constitutes an "emergency" to this drama queen? I wonder what the people in upstate New York think about it. I once visited a friend in Watertown in the winter, arrived during a snowstorm, and drove to her apartment between snowbanks taller than her car.She wasn't fazed by it at all. It was the norm.

I can't help feeling this is all about getting people ready to accept control by our masters under any circumstances they want.

3 comments:

  1. He's a FOO (friend of Obama)... What's another executive order among friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're softening us for martial law, methinks? A Minion Most Mindless of the Messiah Most Miserable. Will some stalwarts have the gumption to challenge this blatant overreach of power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not without precedent what Gov. Patrick did--there was one issued during the Blizzard of '78.

    Forward to 2003...I was in college north of Boston when a snow storm of similar magnitude hit. Then Gov. Romney DIDN'T issue an executive order to stay off the roads.

    ReplyDelete