I read an article by Gavin Ashenden this morning on Substack about the Clancy trial titled Lindsey Clancy and the Return of Witchcraft. One sentence made me stop and think. "Evil sucks out life and color." There is something so profoundly true about that statement. The quote made me think of the filthy book (which I haven't and never would read) Fifty Shades of Grey. Goodreads puts it in the category of "Smutbooks." Pornography is a more apt adjective.
But think of the truth the title shows. Whatever the 50 stands for (I presume depraved sex acts.) Evil is dull; it's grey. I once commented to my husband about an acquaintance of his, a school chum, who went from one woman to another: no commitment, no lasting relationship. "What a bore!" was how I described it. Just one similar body after another. Really! No depth, no real relationships, no love -- just a rub and a tickle. How long can that satisfy? It sounded boring to me!
Think of a world that is always dismal and grey. How do you feel after a week of grey days? That's the definition of trying to find happiness in evil. It doesn't exist. Evil might provide temporary pleasure, but it's like the drunken night that leaves a horrible hangover.
This morning on the way to Mass it was foggy. The entire world was shrouded in a grey mist. I imagine hell is like that. Despite the burning flames, hell must be a dismal, dark, grey place with no life, no color, no laughter...nothing but a relentless, dismal ugliness. Oh...and the screeching and gnashing of teeth.
I've experienced that.
During one of the pro-abortion women's marches (1989 I think), the one where Judy Collins sang Amazing Grace, a head-shaking experience for sure, a friend and I went down to pray at the cemetery of innocence. Pro-lifers had erected hundreds of crosses representing a day's toll of murdered babies. The cemetery was surrounded by snow fencing and my friend and I were the only ones inside kneeling and praying the rosary. We were only steps away from where the podium was set up. We heard Collins sing, a beautiful voice, a beautiful song to celebrate a horrendous, bloody evil.
While the feminists harangued their death-dealing sisters and some men, a group of pro-abortion men and women circled the cemetery screaming at us as we prayed. It was unnerving and I finally had to just keep repeating the St. Michael prayer.
It wasn't the only time that happened. At an Operation Rescue event where I was the spokeswoman to talk to the press, I was surrounded by a group of pro-abortion folks who got right up in my face screaming while I stood in silence holding up a little model of the 12-week infant in the womb. Before they finished I was shaking. One woman came up to apologize for what the group did. "That's what they do," I told her. I wonder if she ever repented. I think she had a teenage daughter with her if I remember correctly. I'll pray for them today.
Evil is, indeed without life and color and it is getting uglier by the minute with feminists cheering for Lindsay Clancy and excusing her brutal murder of her babies. Possible copycat killings are happening as well. Legalizing abortion made life cheap. It's gotten a lot cheaper in the last 50 years with calls now to let people engage in assisted suicide by organ donation. Love of money is, indeed, the root of all evils and there's plenty of money in abortion, transgender mutilation, assisted suicide, organ donation, etc.
So what are we to do in the face of it all? Overcome evil by good of course! Bring the light of Christ, the Son/Sun, to the world through prayer and fasting. We saw the sun hidden on Good Friday, but the demons could not overcome the Son of God. The Resurrection was no doubt accompanied by an incredible flash of light. And when light shines around us it exposes the vibrant colors of the earth. We are called to be lights to the world. Let us never hide our light under a bushel basket but light up the world with God's truth!
May Jesus Christ be praised!
No comments:
Post a Comment