Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

The Song that Calls for the Destruction of Love

 

There's a song that presents the world's views these days in spades. It heralds the destruction of love. Listen to the lyrics and see how much it accords with today's woke views:

  • I'm a woman who feels like a man. I gotta be me!
  • I'm a man who feels like a woman. I gotta be me!
  • I'm not happy in this marriage so I'm leaving. I gotta be me !
  • I'm pregnant, but don't want to be so I can have an abortion. I gotta be me!
  • I'm a mom who doesn't want the kids I have so I kill them because I gotta be me!
  • I'm a student who has the right not to be challenged so I scream with the crowd protesting Charlie Kirk, Ann Coulter, pro-life witnesses, etc. I gotta be me!
  • I want sex without commitment because I have desires and instincts that demand satisfaction. I gotta be me!
  • Add your own gotta be me meme.
The thought of this post came from watching an interview with Archbishop Fulton Sheen where he described these types of attitudes as the "destruction of love." Is it any wonder that we live in a culture of death? Selfishness kills love metaphorically and then it kills love physically. Think of abortion and euthanasia. Think of genocidal massacres. Sin begins in the mind and the will. It often starts with little acts of selfishness that become habitual and then escalate.

A culture of love is one of self-sacrifice for the good of others. It's a giving up and a giving in. The only "I gotta be me!" I want to embrace is to be a child of God who bends my will to His so that not I live, but Christ lives in me. Make me that kind of person, Lord.

What can I do today to kill the spirit of selfishness? Watch the interview with Bishop Sheen. It's seven minutes that could change you profoundly "with the great truths of the Christian life" as the commentator says.






2 comments:

  1. See Ann Barnhardt’s Diabolical Narcissism

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard Sammy Davis Jr sing that many years ago, I thought to myself "that must be hell's theme song".

    ReplyDelete