Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tuesday Takeaway: A Must Read Article on the Red Rose Rescues!

If you aren't familiar with the Red Rose Rescues, here's a great article by Monica Miller to bring you up to speed. 

Risking Arrest to Defend the Unborn

As a long time rescuer who was among those doing low number "sit-ins" back in the 1970s, continuing with the mega rescues through Operation Rescue in the 1980s, going to jail with the Spring of Life in Buffalo in 1992, and now participating in the 21st century Red Rose Rescues, I have a question for you.

Do you believe babies in the womb waiting to be born are as important as you are? Are they your equal? Are they real little persons, the most helpless among us who need our protection? Would you watch your neighbor beating his toddler over the next door fence and calmly go into your house saying, "It's none of my business!"?

Most people love the babies they can see. But how many put out of mind the little ones they can't see?

Not everyone can be a rescuer, but everyone can support rescue with sidewalk activism, prayer, and financial help. When I participated in the May rescue in D.C. I never set foot inside the building, but I talked to people outside, urged one young man to go get his girlfriend and his baby, spoke to passers-by who didn't realize the place was a killing center, and to the police gathered outside. 

I love talking to policemen. My brother was a Baltimore County police officer for 25 years, one of my heroes. I always share my admiration with the boys in blue and then challenge their participation in protecting a killing center by arresting those who are trying to rescue the tiny about-to-be-murdered victims inside. Aren't police supposed to protect the innocent?

My brother was called out to one Operation Rescue that my mom and I were involved in. He hated being there. When the radical angry feminists started trying to enlist his sympathy he called out, "Hi, Mom!" to my mother, one of those blocking the entrance, they left him alone. After it was over, he told me he would never protect an abortion facility again. He would call in sick.

In 1977 I chained myself to an abortion "altar" at the infamous Milan Vuitch's abortion center. We saved a baby that day who was born on the Roe v. Wade anniversary in 1978. I still pray for that "baby" who just turned 43. Her mom talked with one of the sidewalk counselors outside that day who later became godmother to the little one. I babysat for her later (What a privilege!) and took a photo with my 4-year-old son.

The babies need our help and love. The reason rescuers stay inside and refuse to leave, even when the police are reluctant to arrest, is because some, often most, moms stay to complete their abortions. And so the rescuers stay there in solidarity with the little ones about to be killed just like the faithful stayed with the martyrs in the coliseum, at Tyburn "Tree," and on the hillside in Nagasaki. It is a witness of love for those about to be killed. Rescuers are the watchers, the mourners, the lovers who will not leave the babies (or their mothers) abandoned. Their faithfulness calls out to heaven, "Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter." (Proverbs 24:11)

Won't you support the rescue movement in some way? Think of the crowd of little ones who will meet you at heaven's gate in gratitude on Judgment Day!

Visit redroserescue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment