Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Good Night to My Favorite Detective

I've been watching old Columbo episodes in honor of one of my favorite actors, Peter Falk, who died on June 23rd at age 83. His show was not a whodunit in the classic sense since the murderer did his dirty deed at the opening of the show in plain sight of the viewer. But watching the apparently bumbling detective run his quarry to ground was always fascinating. I remember one particularly interesting episode where a blackmailing food critic poisons a chef who's going to expose him. In the process of the investigation Columbo cooks up a special dish in the restaurant kitchen for himself and the murderer.

Good night, Columbo, I'll miss you!

For a lovely eulogy to this icon of the detective world go here.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I loved to watch Columbo and still watch the reruns whenever we can. Peter Falk was a much loved American actor. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I still love to watch Columbo reruns whenever we can. Just about everyone we knew could relate to Columbo. Although Peter Falk was Jewish, I thought he was at least part Italian since he looked and played the part so well. He was a much beloved American actor. Rest in peace Peter Falk.

    ReplyDelete