Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Think I Will!

"Wear a Veil Day" on December 8th, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, a holy day of obligation. Shall we honor our Mother by wearing a veil like she did?

Why not?

If anyone asks, I'll just say it's a gift for my two moms. My heavenly mother wore a long veil and my earthly mom wore a chapel veil to every Mass until the day she died. She always carried it in her purse and put it on whenever she went into a church.

It brings a smile to my face to think of it. To honor you, Mom, I'll be veiled at Mass on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Mary Ann! And please consider wearing a veil from tomorrow onwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally wear one when I make my annual retreat with an FSSP priest.

    But, really, I don't think it is a major issue. What's in the heart is more important than what's on the head. Although what's in the head is pretty important too. Sin is first conceived in the mind and I think the same can be said of virtue.

    ReplyDelete