Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thinking About New Year's Resolutions?

How about taking the 90-day Bible challenge. What a great project for this year of faith. you can learn more and sign up here. I plan to give it a try. The first suggestion is to decide on a time and place for daily reading. Is early morning best for you? Or late in the afternoon before starting dinner? Think about a time that works for you and dedicate that time to growing closer to Christ. The challenge begins on January 1st and ends with the Easter Vigil. You won't read the entire Bible of 73 books, but you WILL read 14 books and develop a tremendous habit of daily spiritual study and reflection using God's personal messages to His people. St. Jerome says that ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ. This is a great opportunity to grow closer to Our Lord and will give you a wonderful Lenten project as well. Let's do it together and discuss what we learn. I look forward to hearing your insights and sharing my own. Are you in?

3 comments:

  1. I'll give it a go. I've tried various plans for reading the Bible and never seem to persevere. I'll try this. Looking forward to it!

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not signing up for the study, but I have been reading the Bible everyday. I read a random passage, or the daily readings, when I am in between spiritual reading. It is amazing what you can learn from reading the Bible. One such passage that I just noticed recently is Luke 22:36. You may say that herein lies an argument against gun control. Just a thought.

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late but not so late that I can't catch up!

    ReplyDelete