Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Recommending a New Year's Resolution for Every Parish

STOP THE LITURGICAL ABUSES!

I am in complete agreement with the article below. Can we please bring back obedience in the small things. Remember what Jesus said about those who are faithful in those: they will be faithful in larger things as well. How many of the liturgical abuses mentioned in the article are taking place in your parish? If you witness them, maybe a polite note to the pastor is in order. I always close my eyes during the Our Father if I'm in a parish where I think the hand-grabbing will start. It saves me rejecting the, no doubt, well meaning gesture and feeling like an ungracious guest.

Tidings of Discomfort and Liturgical Abuse

2 comments:

  1. Yes , please stop offending Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar !

    I agree with the article also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in complete agreement with this article as well. The one that seems to be the most prevalent one here in the Arlington Diocese seems to be the holding hands during the Our Father. I cannot figure out where this came about. As a child growing up in the 1970s and 1980s I do not recall seeing this. It seems to have popped up in the last 20 years. Sadly, it is so widespread that I see many, many, people doing this even in the most conservative and traditional parishes here in the Arlington Diocese. So frustrating! I always just put my hands together in prayer and look straight ahead.

    ReplyDelete