Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rampant Female Genital Mutilation in Tennessee - I told you so.

I’m not one of those people who shies away from saying, “See, I told you so.” I just don’t say it with the same singsong voice I did as a child, because now it isn’t a taunt. It’s a factual statement: “See. I told you so.”

When I’m right I know I’m right. I knew I was right when I said it and no one believed me because orthodox Catholics are not to be taken seriously, not to be believed. So when other people who have more clout and believability than I do say the same thing and it makes the newspaper headlines, goes viral on the Internet or hits the nightly news, I smugly feel I have the basic human right to say, “See. I told you so.” But then I like to be really sure that they know they were wrong in not believing me in the first place, so these days after the “See. I told you so,” factual statement I often add:  “You didn’t believe ME when I told you, but since so-and-so said it and it’s on the news, you believe THEM. So why didn’t you believe me to begin with?”

My latest “I told you so” beef is that for years I’ve been saying Islam is taking over the Grand Ole Opry city of Nashville, Tennessee. People just stare at me as if I’m nuts to believe that lovely beautiful Islam is here in the US and taking over anything.

I say that where Islam is other Islamic things will creep in such as Sharia law, crime, halal foods (sacrificed to Allah), burkas for women, wife beating, honor killings and female genital mutilation (FGM). They either stare at me in horror or give me a disgusted look because I’m neither multicultural nor enlightened and how could I be so revoltingly mean and stupid.

So when I checked Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch tonight and saw the headlines, "Nashville area one of top 20 places in US where girls are at risk for female genital mutilation," the first thing I thought was, "See! I TOLD them so!" 

The article begins: "Federal contractors in Tennessee have been resettling refugees from countries including Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Liberia, Nigeria and Sudan, listed in the PRB (Population Reference Bureau) report as among the ‘Top 10 Countries of Origin’ where FGM is practiced. Did those federal contractors think that after bringing all those refugees into Tennessee that they would not see a rise in the incidence of FGM in Tennessee? No doubt they never gave it a moment’s thought at all."

People expect this sort of thing in California (#1 state on the list), New York, New Jersey or Michigan, home of Detroitistan. But Tennessee? Former home of illegal Mountain Dew, that is moonshine and Thunder Road from Maynardville to Knoxville to Asheville? Home of America's Country Music Hall of Fame, The Grand Ole Opry, Elvis Presley's Graceland? And now it's a breeding ground for FGM? Really? 

But see, I told everyone this would happen. But no one wanted to hear it. No one wanted to listen. So, HA! They will have to take me more seriously from now on because when I'm right I'm right. And I know it.

Below is the full 1958 movie of Thunder Road (1:19:28). While watching it, think if they thought then in 1958 - in their wildest dreams - that Islamic culture's FGM would be endemic in Nashville 60 years later.

   

1 comment:

  1. They have been resettling Muslims in Murfreesboro on the SE side of the Nashville beltway for ages. Islam is in Tennessee schools in history classes and parents have been outraged, in politics, etc. I’ve been keeping track of Islam there for a few years because of its proximity to Asheville where we used to live in NC (Little Switzerland, 50 miles North of Asheville). Those beautiful mountain folk never saw Islam coming. Why would they?

    Two years ago some Catholic friends said their company was moving them to Nashville so I warned them about Islam in that area. They batted my warning off as if it was a speck of dust on their sleeve. I think I’ll send them the post.

    Also for YEARS the gays have spread out from Asheville (a HUGE gay hub) into outlying small towns and become mayors involved in politics changing laws.

    So, see, I told them so but no one wanted to hear it.

    ReplyDelete