Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Guest Post: Lise Baur Writes to Bishop Callahan about Fr. Altman

Editors Comment: Letters, emails, phone calls -- all can have an impact on the threats facing Fr. James Altman for boldly defending the faith. They take a little more effort than signing the petition supporting Fr. Altman, but all these things help to get the word out and make the issue BIGGER! And the persecution of good, orthodox priests is a BIG ISSUE! I'm writing my letter today and will share it tomorrow. In the meantime, here's one from my friend Lise. What are you doing today to defend the faith?
Hey, the Catholic Church is a big tent where all are welcome -- even those who obstinately reject the truth! 
His Most Reverend  Excellency Bishop William Callahan
The Diocese of La Crosse
3710 East Ave S, 
La Crosse, WI 54601

September 14, 2020 -  The Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross

His Excellency,

The Peace of Christ.

I just wanted to take some time to say thank you for your recent reigning in of Fr. James Altman. I really appreciate you exerting your authority over the likes of Fr. Altman. I appreciate it because it really shows us your character.

I am so heartened by the fact that you took time from your busy schedule at the chancery to really put Fr. Altman in his place. I mean really just who does he think he is to apply sound Catholic moral teaching to our beloved political system? The USA must be revered and worshipped above all else, right?  Everyone knows that the Catholic Faith is deeply flawed yet we, Americans, have achieved perfection in our government systems! It looks to me like Fr. Altman has gotten a little too big for his britches. I am glad you were there though to put an end to this nonsense. I mean who really believes what Holy Mother Church teaches, anyways? Sin? The Real Presence? God’s perfect Justice in accordance with His perfect Mercy?   Who amongst us are really ready to die for the Truth which is contained in the Catholic Faith? Certainly not you, your excellency. I am glad you are there to show us the way of cowardice. I only hope the road is wide enough for all of us to go along with you.

Thank you again for showing me and the world who you really are and what you really believe. 

May God have mercy on your soul.

Sincerely,

Lise Baur
Silver Spring MD

PS It is not too late to reverse course. Our Blessed Mother is waiting to help you. Even though the road is narrower, we can all crowd in together. 

5 comments:

  1. I do not like this tongue in cheek letter. He won't read it anyway but if he or his subordinate do scan it, they will only see the first lines. Yes, by all means write a letter but with no double meanings or anything like that, just straight out support of this priest who could still have his faculties removed for being faithful. It is happening all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M Prodigal, I disagree. I think the first few lines might help puff up the ego so much that he'll just be ready to lap up what he might think are accolades to come. Let the truth sting a bit.

    For those tempted to think that signing the online petition is all they can do, poppy-cock! One can take 3-5 minutes to call the chancery and leave their voice mail. There is no excuse for not engaging in a modicum of activism. This Church is for all Catholics, therefore it is the solemn duty of each and every Catholic to do all they can, even to the point of stretching themselves out of their comfort zones, to work for salvation of souls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the contempt that is being conveyed in the subject letter. However, I don't agree with using sarcasm to convey the contempt we feel for the actions of this bishop. God Bless Fr. James Altman!

    ReplyDelete