Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2020

Not Silenced Yet: Pray for Fr. James Altman and for his bishop, William Patrick Callahan!

Thanks to all who signed the Open Letter to Bishop Callahan and left comments for Bishop Callahan and Fr. Altman and promises to pray. I urge everyone to drop the bishop a short note or postcard saying you are praying for him and urging him to restore the live-streamed Masses offered by Fr. Altman. The Bishop's address is:

Most Reverend William Patrick Callahan
The Roman Catholic Diocese of La Crosse
3710 East Ave S
PO Box 4004
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54602-4004

In many places Mass is still severely restricted and there are also many vulnerable people who are fearful of going out. That makes what Fr. Altman is doing absolutely imperative. From the comments on the Open Letter, it's clear that Fr. Altman gives hope and courage to the flock who are starving for authentic teaching. We need his voice. As of two days ago, Fr. Altman was still giving interviews. Watch an excellent video here.

I faxed the Open Letter to the diocese yesterday, but later today I will be sending a snail mail copy with all the signatures and a cover letter telling the bishop that many people are praying for him and urging him to read your comments on the blog post. I will also be sending a copy to Fr. Altman. If you did not ask me specifically to add your name to the letter, I posted your comment without signing your name to the letter. 

Thank you to all you dear ones who took the time to comment and please say a rosary for the bishop. Mary has often changed hearts and even saved nations through her holy rosary. 

2 comments:

  1. It is so sad that we have this in our times when we need most the support of all our bishops to backed their priests like Fr. James Altman who is a voice that speaks TRUTH as it is.

    Will continuously be praying for Fr. James Altman and Bishop William Patrick Callahan.
    Please add my name Marian Caguioa, California to the list for this letter to the Bishop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first realized the democratic platform at a caucus for the then candidate Pres. Carter I left the democratic party to the surprise of all my family and friends. I have always been pro-life, 'from womb to tomb'. I have prayed for priests to speak up and this is the FIRST election that I have seen so much involvement by the Catholic church. I watch the Catholic network EWTN daily and finally have heard that my ideas and faith have been right. Thank you Fr. James Altman for speaking up. Just as Bishops covered the child sexual abuse scandal they now are covering up the politicians that claim they are practicing Catholics. They are not any more Catholic than a fly. I am not afraid of death but I do believe that those that protect these atheists or heretics will hope that death is not at their doorstep. Thank you for adding my name to the letter you have written. With God's love, Ann Rosauer, Iowa

    ReplyDelete