Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

The Washington Post, Sally Quinn, and the Occult

If you dabble with the devil watch out!
Sally Quinn and her demons: sex, the occult, and religion at the Washington Post

Well this explains a lot about the evil, calumny, and slander at the Washington Post. I used to do the Samurai Sudoku puzzle on the back page of the comics which was my go-to weekly puzzle until I convinced my husband to stop buying the paper. The rest of it just made me angry, so I rarely even read the headlines. Now I just pray for its demise! Judging from its shrinking size that will be coming.


As for Sally Quinn...well...let her speak for herself in Finding Magic: a Spiritual Memoir. Her self-incrimination is worse than any outside critic could describe. The very worst is her sacrilegious reception of the Holy Eucharist. Father, forgive her, she doesn't know what she's doing (I hope):
... At Tim (Russert)'s funeral mass at Trinity Church in Georgetown (Jack Kennedy's church), communion was offered. I had only taken communion once in my life, at an evangelical church. It was soon after I had started "On Faith" and I wanted to see what it was like. Oddly I had a slightly nauseated sensation after I took it, knowing that in some way it represented the body and blood of Jesus Christ. ... I was determined to take it for Tim, transubstantiation notwithstanding. I'm so glad I did. It made me feel closer to him. And it was worth it just to imagine how he would have loved it.
I think many Catholics recognize  the stench of sulfur in the Washington Post. Clearly demons have swirled around it for years and Sally Quinn was surely a medium for them. If you still subscribe to the Post this would be a good time to rethink whether you want to bring the smoke of Satan into your home along with the paper. Not me.  And pray for Sally Quinn. She has a lot to answer for.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

2 comments:

  1. First, like you, we cancelled our subscription to the Wash. Post, a papaer Chris Plant says might have a good purpose if used to line the bottom of your bird cage.

    2. Sally said "communion was offered." Very few churches speak out at funerals anymore to tell noncatholic attendees to remain seated. Most keep thrir mouths shut on the subject and some like St. John Neumann in Reston whose motto is "All are welcome," just don't care who receives.

    The answer is to reserve communion at funerals to the members of the immediate family who are prepared to receive. Other real Catholics who have a daily opportunity to receive should appreciate this conservative action.

    This is often done when communion is taken to the sick in a hospital. Only the patient is offered the Eucharist while other family observes without receiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waited a while to cancel WaPo; we appreciated a newspaper in the box even out here, and not much else except weekly rural-local rags would deliver. I also wanted to make a statement on the way out, and I finally used the treasonous publishing transcripts of leader-of-state phone calls, but I made sure to state that was only the final straw; I had been enduring liberal bias unhappily for a while. I am now officially a "Post Graduate", and (except for the funny pages, but even those were getting more liberal lately!) happier for it.
    The un-discriminating distribution of the Eucharist has been a concern; when our (liberal) pastor invited a couple of pews of Baptists to see what our service was like, I was drafted as on-call Extra-ordinary Minister to distribute the Precious Blood, and was scared to death I would either recognize a not-authorized visitor, or worse, not recognize them. I think maybe Father had briefed them when he invited them, because he said nothing during the service, but I think I came out clean.
    BK

    ReplyDelete