Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Our Lady, Protect and Shelter Us as We Place Our Trust in You and in Your Son, Jesus!

Today I'm posting something personal and begging for your prayers.

 Last Thursday my son-in-law's mother wandered off from a care facility in Bella Vista, AK where she was staying for the weekend. She has dementia, but took off her tracking bracelet. She hasn't been seen since about 3:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon. The police have a silver alert out for her and her photo has been on the local news. They've had bloodhounds out and police teams scouring the area, but she is still missing and our family is distraught, especially her husband and two sons who are in Arkansas with their dad.  

Please join your prayers to ours for Barbara's safe return. This morning at Mass I cried out with Gideon:

"My Lord, if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are his wondrous deeds of which our fathers told us when they said, 'Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?' For now the Lord has abandoned us and has delivered us into the power of Midian."

But the angel told Gideon:

"Go with the strength you have and save Israel from the power of Midian. It is I who send you." 

God has allowed this for his own reasons. Throughout the day, I renew my faith and trust in Him. I take to heart His words to Gideon, "Be calm, do not fear." 

Please, I beg, in your kindness, to join in our cry to God for Barbara's safe return. 


3 comments:

  1. Prayers for this lady. Please keep us updated.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray! St. Rita, St. Jude, St. Philomena please pray for Barbara and bring her back home safely.

    ReplyDelete