Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday Meditation: How God Provided Priests in Front Royal during the COVID Lockdowns and Led Them to Stay

It was all in God's providence: "Fifty accidents happened at the same time." Fr. Reuter showed up for "one Sunday only" to offer Mass in Virginia for the Marlboro chapel since Maryland had already shut down. Watch the video. It's amazing the number of providential events that led to the founding of the SSPX chapel in Linden. May God be praised!


 

2 comments:

  1. I was unaware of phone calls notifying people of the SSPX Masses in a farm field on March 22, 2020. I received an email on March 21, inviting me to attend one of four Masses the next day, from which I could choose. I do not know the source of the email, but it stated that I must not forward it to others; that I could not bring other people; and that another message would be sent to me, giving directions to the location, which was about 10 miles outside of the town of Front Royal. Bales of hay were set up for seating, 6 feet apart. Garden-style kneeling pads were provided at each bale. Several priests were present. It was a cold, typically-March day. Fr. Steven Reuter offered the Mass that I attended. The topic of his sermon was "Fidelity." It was truly an amazing day, and obviously Providential. It was my first SSPX Mass, and I have happily continued to attend their Masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Anne, have you seen this? https://www.lifenews.com/2023/05/02/fbi-accused-of-scanning-vehicles-at-catholic-church-writing-down-license-plates/

    ReplyDelete