Search This Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2023

The Epoch Times Inspires a New Hobby!

Mia Huckman with her winning painting, titled “Our Last Roundup.” (Courtesy of Mia Huckman)

I love the Epoch Times! I especially appreciate the section on Life and Tradition. It is filled with articles on art, architecture, poetry, history, in fact, on anything related to culture. Today I was reading the March 8th edition. I'm always behind but generally stack up the weekly editions until I have a chance to read them. They've led me to a new hobby, "clip and send." I send many art articles to a darling granddaughter in Texas, a high school senior with a real talent for art. I've sent her articles on classic art, on an illustrator who depicted charming little fairies, and recently a story about a high school senior who won a rodeo art competition that led to her painting from last year's contest selling at auction for a quarter of a million dollars. Wow!

Today's reading offered an article on A.A. Milne for my sister who loves Winnie-the-Pooh, another on Mark Twain's beautiful 11,500 square foot home in Hartford, Connecticut for my architect niece, and several articles on parenting. What a treasure trove! Recently I gave an article on Morse Code to my son to share with his youngest who I hope will be intrigued. My dad was a ham radio operator so it is also a connection to his great grandfather. 

I heartily recommend the Epoch Times. If you are looking for a gift for a loved one who's a reader, it's a winner. And maybe it will inspire you to embrace my hobby. Check out the Epoch Times. 

1 comment:

  1. Recently Mary Ann sent me an article from the Epoch Times on long covid which I had from August to December last fall and winter. I gave the article to my doctor who had doubts about what was wrong with me. The initial onset of covid appeared with the terrible covid cough. After 24 hours of debilitating constant coughing I finally took half a teaspoon (one teaspoon?) of horse ivermectin gel and the cough disappeared in three hours. However three days later I was in the emergency room with covid symptoms that lasted 4 months.

    Five doctors and many vials of pills later plus daily phone calls from Mary Ann and generous kindness from my children and friends and I'm back to normal although still very tired.

    The article that Mary Ann sent made it most clear that I had had long covid - which my doctor doubted was "a thing" - and to Mary Ann sending the article and the person who wrote it I am most grateful.

    ReplyDelete