Catholic Relief Services has been under the microscope recently and the picture in the lens is far from pretty:
In a recent interview with John Burger of Aleteia, Dr. Carolyn Woo, president of Catholic Relief Services, doubled down on CRS’s commitment to maintaining dues-paying memberships in contraception and abortion spreading organizations, providing funds to abortion and contraception distributing organizations, and retaining the employment of a vice president who is a homosexual activist in a same-sex “marriage.” During the interview, Dr. Woo was asked, “CRS has been criticized by some for failing to live up to Catholic standards in some ways. What has been done in response?” Characterizing the just criticisms of concerned Catholics as “attacks,” Dr. Woo replied with three points. (Continue reading....)Love of money is the root of all evils and CRS prefers government grants to fidelity to God. One portion of the article outlines some of CRS's evil actions. That these are taking place under the name Catholic is disgusting and inexcusable. They aren't just things in the past. The pattern is long and continuing:
"Here are just a few of the recent findings against CRS:
- In 2011, noted Theologian Germain Grisez exposed CRS’s publication of a condom-promoting flip-chart with the standing order that CRS’s logo not be included on the charts.
- On September 6, 2012, Life Site News revealed that CRS had written several of its own documents (not just one, as CRS continues to insinuate) promoting condom use.
- In February of 2015, The Lepanto Institute published government documents showing that CRS implemented a Planned Parenthood-Style sex education program called “My Changing Body.”
- In March of 2015, The Lepanto Institute and Population Research Institute both researched and confirmed that CRS facilitated the implementation of a contraception-promoting program called Healthy Choices II in Kenya. CRS’s own reports (obtained through the Freedom of Information Act) confirmed that CRS indeed implemented the contraception-promoting program as written.
- In March of 2015, CRS confirmed that it was responsible for the implementation of a condom-promoting video series called “Shuga,” however contradicted its own reporting documents to the government by claiming that the implementation was done by one partner and without CRS’s knowledge. The documents obtained through a FOIA request showed that CRS facilitated the training of 11 partner organizations in “Shuga methodology, and all 11 partners implemented the strategy.
It is, indeed, a sad situation when you can't trust a Church organization not to use your charitable dollars cooperating with the devil and his minions, but that is the case with many Catholic charities today. When people remind you of the good they do, ask them if they'd be willing to drink a pure glass of water to which only ten drops of the ebola virus were added. I think not! Is the state of the soul less important than the state of body?