As one of my email contacts wrote:
1) not one witness present.It does seem strange not to order an autopsy for a sudden death of a controversial public figure like Scalia. Just sayin'. On the other hand, he was 79, overweight, and they say he had some chronic health conditions. At this point, we will never know, but the timing is certainly convenient for the liberals if they can get another justice named by Obama before he leaves office.
2) the security detail (U.S. Marshals) which usually provides security for him, was dismissed and not present.
2) he was found dead with a pillow over his head.
3) pronounced dead by a judge over the phone without ever seeing the body.4) no autopsy was done.
5) the body was immediately embalmed, a process which would destroy all toxicology evidence.
What could possibly be wrong with this ? "Move along, move along; nothing to see here."
Regardless of Justice Scalia's cause of death, one thing is for sure: we all need to pray for the repose of this great man's soul. He earned our gratitude and prayers. May the Divine Assistance remain always with us, and may the soul of Justice Scalia and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen