Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Let's Hear "NO!" from the Pulpit!

Every good parent knows that a big dose of parenting requires the wisdom to say, "No," when it's necessary. Teaching our children self-control means limiting many choices. Moderation means saying no to excess. Growing in virtue means saying no to sinful inclinations. If the bishops and clergy had been preaching to married couples the necessity of saying no to contraception, how different things would be today! So two thumbs up to Mike Voris for this episode of The Vortex. And let's pray that the bishops and their spiritual sons preach more "No to sin" sermons from the pulpit.

2 comments:

  1. I don't care about "Yes" or "No" from the pulpit or anywhere else ... I want to hear TRUTH.

    I am so sick of the lies and distortions and phonies. I think I'm beginning to channel Holden Caulfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...but it needs to be the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth. I've heard plenty of "true" sermons That were nothing but mush. We need to hear "no" to sin and "yes" to virtue. And a lot less tolerance for "dialogue."

    ReplyDelete