Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Protect Yourself: Sign a Power of Attorney to Protect and Preserve Life!

I'm concerned about what's happening in the health care field. I was involved in fighting for the lives of both Terri Schiavo and Hugh Finn, brain damaged individuals deliberately starved and dehydrated to death because their spouses wanted to be rid of them. In both cases, parents and siblings fought for their lives. In Hugh Finn's case even his mother-in-law resisted the evil her daughter was doing.

I've written about those cases and others that use the bogus "brain dead" farce so organ teams can harvest a living patient. (More here and here.)
Frankly, I'd like to do everything I can to protect myself, my children, my grandchildren and others. And, believe me, there's no protection in the Living Will, the Five Wishes, the POLST, the MOST, or any other doc being manufactured by the organ-hungry, economy-motivated charlatans who want the freedom to make end of life decisions to hasten your death. No doubt many have good intentions, e.g., relieving suffering, sparing the family, etc.; but as my mom used to say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." You can't know the future. If you are in an accident tomorrow and have signed a document saying you don't want a ventilator, you have probably signed your death warrant -- especially if you are young with fresh, healthy organs. The organ donor team will be on your family like sharks at feeding time. They will put you on a ventilator, but only to keep your organs healthy until they can be harvested.

Below is a link to what my husband and I chose as the safest power of attorney for health care and advanced medical directive. It's what we have signed and give to health care providers. This document comes from the Life Guardian Foundation. I heartily recommend that you study the website to see the dangers inherent today in normal medical care, hospice, and palliative care. And please support the Foundation. Dr. Paul Byrne is dedicated to protecting the lives of the vulnerable. Sadly, medical ethics have deteriorated to the point that the best interests of the patient are no longer paramount in the minds and hearts of many medical care professionals, social workers, and hospice/palliative care workers. It's a new world where hastening death to save money and/or procure organs takes precedence over what's best for individual patients. Protect yourself and your loved ones!

Power of Attorney for Health Care and Advanced Medical Directive

Instructions to Complete Power of Attorney for Health Care

2 comments:

  1. I found Dr. Paul Byrne about a year ago and read several things on his site (it's a goldmine of information!). I am currently filling out the forms you recommended for my husband and myself, since he is retiring soon and we are getting all paperwork in order for the coming years - shame on me for waiting so long. Anyway, do you know if the form you have linked to is also good for minor children? I would like to give a copy of this to our son for his family of four. I want my children and grandchildren protected. Thank you for all your great information on this horrible abuse, no - CRIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the form in front of me, but I'm pretty sure there's a place for a parent or guardian to sign for minor children.

    ReplyDelete