Search This Blog

Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Year's Resolution Time

Don't wait til the last minute to consider your new year's resolution. My policy is to:
 1) Keep it simple.
 2) Keep it realistic.
 3) Check up on myself regularly to see how I'm doing.  
Two years ago I decided not to buy a single new item of clothing during the year and I kept it. But I'm not sure that it had all that much benefit except in the thrift department. Frankly, I can't remember what I resolved last year which a pretty definite sign that I didn't follow through since the year isn't finished yet.

This year I've already decided what I'm going to do and I want to keep my own three rules and maybe add a fourth -- pick something that will help you grow in virtue.. Since gratitude is the parent of all the other virtues, I'm going to thank God every day (in the morning) for ten specific things. And I'm going to keep a thanksgiving book with my daily gratitude list. At the end of the week I'll look back and see what I wrote down as I prepare for the next week.

I think this will not only have a big impact on my day, but help me to realize at the end of the week just exactly how blessed I am!

Have you thought about making a new year's resolution? What do you plan to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment