Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Turn off the technology and have a real conversation - with a REAL friend!

...or even an acquaintance...or even a stranger at the store. I had one of those yesterday with a stranger at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We were both looking at shower curtain liners and she talked about her "dream house." Now, since I often pray for everyone who has EVER touched my life, she will always be in my prayers even though I don't even know her name. Don't get me wrong. I love seeing the family photos and sending Happy Birthday greetings, etc., but don't ever make the mistake of thinking that replaces the personal contacts. Social media can be incredibly isolating!

Life is to short to spend it relating to a 2" x 4" video screen or even a 20" computer screen. Connect with real people in person. They're worth it. Is there somebody you could phone today just to say, "I'm glad you're my friend?" Wouldn't that be a great Sunday activity?

Excuse me, I just thought of somebody I want to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment