Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Tucker Carlson Decries the "Pompous, Blowhard, Pagan Creeps" Running the Episcopal Church

Last January the governors of the Episcopal Church in D.C. passed three nutty resolutions:
The 123rd Diocesan Convention of the Episcopal Church in D.C. passed a trifecta of resolutions Saturday to replace all gendered pronouns referring to God with gender neutral pronouns, oppose laws against illegal immigration, and open traditionally gender restricted congregational roles and facilities, like bathrooms, to transgender individuals. The convention, held at the Washington National Cathedral, passed the resolutions within an hour, according to The Institute On Religion & Democracy.
Tucker Carlson interviewed a priest from a liberal parish in Dupont Circle who introduced two of the resolutions. Watch the clergyman jump through hoops to defend it.




To an ECUSA-watcher (Episcopal Church USA), this is no surprise. ECUSA's been nuts for years! A minority of believers continue to fight the dark empire. I used to get their rebel magazine which I don't think is published any more. Perhaps they all gave up and left. Many congregations are exiting en masse to join either the Catholic Church or more traditional provinces. I have to admit that, since Pope Francis was elected, I feel the rebels' pain. But we have the blessing of solid doctrine protected by the Holy Spirit. Even a bad pope can't destroy the faith even if he's giving it the old college try.

With regard to ECUSA though, why would anyone stay in a Church whose motto is "Loving, Liberating and Life Giving" but interprets those words to endorse same sex "marriage," cross-dressing clergy, and killing children before birth? Is that really the answer to WWJD (What Would Jesus Do)?

Well, Tucker explains his reason -- inertia. Here's what he said about the Episcopal Church in a 2013 interview:
You grew up an Episcopalian? I was baptized an Episcopalian. I grew up in California in basically a very secular family. In 10th grade, I went to boarding school in New England and started dating the daughter of the headmaster, who was an Episcopal priest. She was a very strong Christian, and still is. And I married her. She convinced me to take a look at the possibility of there being something beyond me, and I’m glad she did.
What did that outlook lead to? I became convinced of God’s existence. We still go to the Episcopal Church for all kinds of complicated reasons, but I truly despise the Episcopal Church in a lot of ways. They’re for gay marriage because it’s trendy. It’s another way to express how hip they are. They don’t care at all what God thinks of it, because they actually don’t believe in God. And then the fact that they sanction abortion. Are you joking? A church is for abortion? What?
You said you and your family go to an Episcopal church for all kinds of complicated reasons. Could you un-complicate that for us? Part of it’s inertia. Part is we really like the people. Part is that’s the world I grew up in. I love the liturgy. I can recite it without looking at it. Dumb stuff like that. Am I going to defend that? No. It’s totally indefensible. I’m a shallow guy! That’s why I still go to the Episcopal Church. But I like it! I just don’t want to think too hard about my money going to these pompous, blowhard, pagan creeps who run the church!
And what do your kids think about those pompous folks? When the chaplain is some twice-divorced, recovering alcoholic, 50-year-old woman who talks about Hinduism exclusively, my kids are like, “You’re a loser.” And they’re right! So it’s sad.
You just gotta love Tucker Carlson's outspoken honesty. Let's pray for Tucker and his family and all Episcopalians to find the truth in the Church Jesus Christ founded on the rock, rather than one begun by a lust-driven murderous English tyrant.

Come, Lord Jesus!

9 comments:

  1. I have an Aunt who has been in a very "progressive" diocese. Heretical really. For some years did not have valid matter for the Eucharist. Said God was mother. Had "nuns" do the Mass with the "sacramental minister" stepping in for "consecration" and all sorts of nutty things. She is, of course, a democrat. Now I think she has gone over to the Episcopals. After all, who cares who you "love"? And why can't women be priests? And what about all the immigrants? Well, that "progressive" diocese is reeling from homosexual priestly abuse and the scandal is big. I think that may have been the last straw. I went to a daily "Mass" with my aunt a few years ago: big mistake. I think I had steam coming out of my ears. Yeah, the "sister" gave the "homily" and we passed around the chalice which may have contained the Precious Blood and so on. Then my aunt went on to defend the indefensible. It was a nasty experience. I love my aunt but we do not speak of religion or politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! When we travel I always look at churches on line to make sure we don't end up at St. Loony-Tune. That usually works. Last trip to Florida we went to two different parishes. Both were okay. We did end up at an insane parish in Hampton Roads several years ago. We didn't go to Communion because they used something that looked like gingerbread and they had women doing the fraction. I cringe to remember it.

    I'll pray for your aunt. It is hard to see those we love embrace insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully Tucker will soon discover the same kind "Pompous, Blowhard, Pagan Creeps" are running the Catholic Church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayer as well. He will have to hold his nose and keep his eyes fixed on the tabernacle. I always look forward to my annual Ignatian retreat by an FSSP priest who only does the Latin Mass. It is always reverent and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His candor is refreshing, we could use it in the Catholic Church. We're far too repressed about expressing our true feelings about the apostasy that is happening right under our noses and in front of our eyes. I despise the Catholic Church for much the same reason, even though I believe with all my heart Catholicism is the true faith.

    I would positively encourage Tucker and his family to try the Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form in the Catholic Church, assuming they can find one. Once you get used to it, sort out the what-all is going on, you'll likely find it as reverent and meaningful as anything you are going to find this side of heaven. You may not have it long, Summorum Pontificum is likely to be in the crosshairs after everything else is destroyed, but get it while it lasts...
    For our part, my family has just decided we've had enough. I won't bore you with what that entails, but we are completely done with Ft. Lauderdale bishops and all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Bergolio calling the shots, the Catholic Church may not be to far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The elite love exclusivity. Exclusive resorts, clubs, schools, parties, A-lists, etc. But like money it's relative, not only should their own increase, but the common man's should decrease. The places to begin are churches, national borders, boy scouts, restrooms, and so on. Their power has increased to the point that the common man has Stockholm syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen. Agree with all you have said. Please bore us with the details of your statement: "I won't bore you with what that entails, but we are completely done with Ft. Lauderdale bishops and all the rest."

    Many of us are seeking how to respond to a heretical Church and Pope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enter the Catholic Church, I mean-- the real Catholic Church. Just follow the historical line to find it.

    ReplyDelete