Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year, A New Project

I've never run ads on my site because Google selects ads according to website content. I knew if I ran their ads, I'd likely see my site linked to abortion mills and Planned Parenthood. So, no ads.

But a few weeks ago I ran into a Catholic ad site that only posts Catholic material. I decided to try it to help pay for the Les Femmes website and the print newsletter. Most of those on the mailing list (priests and others in my diocese) receive the newsletter gratis. A handful of generous donors support the free issues, but since I rarely remove anyone from the non-diocesan mailing list (unless someone requests removal or I haven't heard from them in years) many others receive their issues free as well. Every now and then I get a letter from a reader thanking me for keeping them on the list even though they haven't donated before. Since the Blessed Mother provides enough to pay for the printing and mailing costs I continue that practice.


But when I saw the Catholic ad site I thought how great it would be to provide Catholic companies a forum of serious Catholic readers and to provide readers a source of wonderful Catholic material. So I have placed two sidebar ads on the site and urge you to visit the Catholic companies and give them your business. What an easy way to shop for Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Ordination, and Wedding gifts, not to mention other occasions.

I recently bought a beautiful Nativity Triptych from Joseph's Studio as a gift and was so impressed by the beauty and quality when I saw it that I was going to order one for myself. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. But I'll be watching for St. Joseph to come up on my feed to check it out again. I heard via the grapevine that my niece called her mom to tell her how much she liked it. My only regret is that I didn't have it blessed before I sent it.

Anyway, readers, I hope you'll take advantage of the advertisers on the site. You won't only be helping Les Femmes, but everything above the expenses for the website and newsletter will go to good solid Catholic charities. My husband and I have simple tastes and, thanks be to God, since the little birdies all flew off to nests of their own, we don't need any extra personal income. But we do like to help others and hopefully this will expand our charity-giving.

God bless you all and may all your new year's projects thrive!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the explanation and thanks for the info. about Catholic ads! That's great news! I hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete