|Jonah preaching: "Repent or Nineveh will be destroyed!"|
- There's no doubt that the devil would love to infiltrate the Catholic Church and turn her into the whore of Babylon.
- It's also true that Christ is the head of the Church and the gates of hell will never prevail against her.
- And it's a fact that Cardinal Danneels publicly admitted being part of a "Mafia"described as St. Gall's that held secret meetings in Switzerland to bring about the election of Jorge Bergoglio.
No matter how you view the article above, you must admit that we are living in the Chinese curse of "interesting times." They are also times that call for heroic efforts to save our beloved country and the world. This morning I was reading about "Nineveh 90," urging Catholics to do the "Nineveh Thing" which requires heroic efforts indeed.
Remember Nineveh? Jonah preached the destruction of the city and the inhabitants from the king to the lowliest to the animals in their flocks put on sackcloth and ashes and fasted and prayed. Nineveh 90 calls for all who can to join a three month effort beginning on February 13 and ending on the 100th anniversary of the first apparition of Fatima. That effort involves:
1. For these 90 days, resolve to let go of repetitive sin you struggle with (e.g., masturbation, over-eating, alcohol, etc.)
2. Wear Brown Scapular (Scapular Medal allowed) – Akin to Sackcloth
3. Daily Mass (This is more of an encouragement, as many cannot do this)
4. Confession (at least once a month … immediately following grave sin)
5. Support System: Create or join a “Nineveh 90 Squad” of 3-8 people. Meet 1-3 times per week (in person or online). Join together with an “Accountability Buddy.” Meet daily or, at least, 3 times a week.
6. Daily Prayer:Morning Offering
Holy Hour (or at least 20 minutes – does not need to be before the Blessed Sacrament. This is normally done at home or your favorite prayer space) Bedtime Prayers
7. For 90 Days, Commit to …Regular and intense exercise (this may be one of the greater challenges for many)
Seven hours of sleep is essential
No desserts & sweets
No eating between meals
No soda or sweetened drinks
No television or movies (news allowed)
Only music that lifts the soul to God
No televised sports (one per week allowed)
Limit recreational computer time (only use for personal needs and fulfillment. May be needed for Nineveh 90 too)
8. 54 Day Rosary Novena (Basic Training in Holiness) – February 13 to April 7
9. 33 Day Preparation for Consecration – April 10 (Monday of Holy Week) to May 12
10. Marian Consecration – May 13, 2017. 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of FatimaI'll be honest. Although I already do some of this, to do it all seems overwhelming especially #7. I can certainly add to what I'm already doing, but all of this? Wow! But I've never been an all or nothing kind of person. I will never do nothing because I can't do everything. So I'm going to print these ten items and decide what I can add to my daily regimen that I'm likely to really do. And if I can't do some of these fasting items every day, maybe I'll choose days that I will do it. Remember St. Therese's "little way." What can you add to your daily plan of life to be part of Nineveh 90? Our world needs prayer and fasting desperately. Can we all fill a basket for Mary with our prayers and sacrifices to give her on May 13th? With the help of our guardian angels and patron saints, surely we can all make an effort to add to what little we do now spiritually in order to surround Mary with baskets of roses on her 100th anniversary "for love of Jesus," for our own salvation and "the salvation of sinners, and in atonement for sins. against the Immaculate Heart of Mary."
O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.