Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Good Advice from My Favorite Home Schooling Mom's Blog!

Back to the Family

I read lots of child psychologists when my kids were young and most didn't help much. Now I know why: the writers weren't home schooling fathers of ten. Ray Guarendi is a man with a wealth of experience -- real first-hand experience as in, "Honey, the boys put crickets in the girls' beds and a garter snake in their underwear drawer. Will you talk to them."

Check out the blog entry with its good practical advice and then you might consider picking up one of his books. I'm checking out the library first, but I'm in my second generation of kids and still have a lot to learn.

I love his focusing right in on an important point. Don't ask if your kids' behavior is "normal;" ask if it's "right."

No comments:

Post a Comment