Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Join the Fortnight for Freedom

Prayer is powerful. We live in dire times when prayer is more essential than ever. Think of the power of praying the rosary as a family every night of these fourteen days. In this morning's Mass reading, God relented at imposing a terrible prophecy on Ahab because he repented in sackcloth and ashes before the Lord. God does not desire our destruction, but our repentance. He wants our wills conformed to His! Let's face it, our nation has become a cesspool of self indulgence and materialism.

When I look at my own wimpy faith, I know I'm part of the problem. So I want to commit to this time of prayer for our nation and join some acts of sacrifice as well. Let our "patria" once again become one nation under God with liberty and justice for all -- including the weakest, our unborn brothers and sisters and the vulnerable elderly and sick.

2 comments:

  1. You are right! I have not heard a word about this, except on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I meant this post on June 20th at 8:26 PM for the "Hate Crime Against Christians" article. Sorry everyone!

    ReplyDelete