Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

John Boehner makes me sick!

Well, I'm sorry to say that John Boehner won reelection as speaker. And, as usual, the teary-eyed girly man was overcome with emotion. But what really made me look around for a barf bag was his statement that, "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad."

Excuse me, reelecting a RINO who supports the biggest abortion promoter in history is a sign of the Lord's favor? I think it smacks more of Pilate's praetorium than the Lord's temple!

How many Republicans were threatened with losing their plum committee assignments? (We know at least two who are being dumped from the powerful Rules Committee for daring to oppose Boehner: Daniel Webster and Richard Nugent.) Let's face it - we know how the game is played: strong-arming your colleagues for votes, pork for the folks back home hidden in huge bills nobody reads, making promises for change that nobody intends to keep. That's inside-the-beltway politics, friends. Who cares about the grass roots? Surely not the establishment!

I'd like to think that a Republican majority will make a difference, but I've seen how the game works and I don't have much hope. But then I never put my hope in men anyway, especially feckless politicians who think souls are things you trade for earthly power and fame.






No comments:

Post a Comment