Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Immutable Archbishop Thomas Wenski


Archbishop Thomas Wenski
The immutable Thomas Wenski, Archbishop of Miami, is in the news again with charges of “slanderous gossip, calumny, detraction” against the faithful. It was déjà vu reading the Miami Herald article since when Archbishop Wenski of Miami was Bishop Wenski of Orlando from 2004 to 2010, and we wrote the Orlando Truth newsletter, he vilified us with identical charges.

At one point Bishop Wenski said that I was on the verge of excommunication. “ME?!” I replied. “How about excommunicating your heretical Chancery nuns and the Orlando priest we caught going to an out of state nude gay resort with his priest lover from another diocese?” (That priest still remains the pastor at his same Orlando Diocesan parish which has an elementary school.) Admittedly, while reading this article I chuckled at a few sentences which brought back joyful memories from those years, especially the part about the private investigator “going through the church rectory trash”. Those were the days.


But nothing has changed. Archbishop Wenski acts exactly the same and speaks the same as when the Orlando Truth was in active combat with him. Just as when he was in Orlando and blamed the Orlando Truth for “sinful behaviors,” he is not upset with what Fr. Pedro Corces, Pastor at Miami Shores’ St. Rose of Lima has done but that his – the priest’s – sinful behaviors of sexual impropriety were uncovered! “The church isn’t upset by the sins of their priests but by the fact that the faithful have had the audacity, the temerity, to bring this up,” says Rosa Armesto, the attorney representing St. Rose of Lima parishioners and parents of children in the school there after Archbishop Wenski wrote a letter asking people to pray for “the children who have been dis-edified by the spectacle of adults behaving badly”. Hmmm – how about Archbishops behaving badly?

St. Rose of Lima parishioners
supporting the nuns
To add fire to the furnace Fr. Corces wanted a lay principal for the school therefore ordered the ouster of the IHM nuns whose order had been at the parish school since 1981.

As one person said, “There are no excuses for Archbishop Wenski’s conduct and disgraceful responses to these well documented activities. His only concern seems to be to get promoted to higher levels within the Church. Sad! Sad! Sad!”




7 comments:

  1. Well I doubt if he will be in the running for higher office. Let's hope not anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan ,you sound like my kinda Catholic lady!
    I had the same kind of exchange with three other Bishops myself.
    One went down with the Urrutigoity debacle, another finally had to pay the piper in public disgrace and a third's agenda was revealed in spades by that exemplary reporter and defender of the Faith ,Mrs Randy Engel.
    It appears Florida has the same kind of clerical problems as Jersey and PA.
    We see our "disordered" and partnered clerics strutting their stuff on the beaches and boardwalks of NJ and Rohobeth, DE.
    I was told one lady spotted and confronted a now deceased PA Cardinal flaunting his pink speedo, along with four other clerics in matching pink speedos, on the Cape May Jersey shore house beach owned by the Philadelphia Arch Diocese. I almost choked when I read the real estate advert for the property in which a neighbor allegedly said she would miss the Latin chanting she heard coming from the grounds!
    They all seem to be able to afford beach houses and multiple long distance vacations during the year. A DRE friend told me that in Mexico there are even hotels that cater specifically to their ilk, while they tell the parishioners they are tanned from meditating for hours in the gardens at a CA monastery retreat!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Such despicable, diabolical filth the Lord God will not tolerate much longer, especially coming from INSIDE HIS CHURCH!!! Ha! Even Satan himself is disgusted at such perversity. It won't be long......Jesus have mercy on us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are very few vocations to the priesthood in FL. Consequently, most parishes are staffed with priests who have been in trouble in other dioceses around the country and even from other countries. The caliber of the bishops and archbishops in Florida is even worse. If you are looking for authentic Catholic teaching, avoid the state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to avoid the state when one lives here! However, as in every diocese around the world there are a few good loyal and very holy priests, even in Florida. And as in every diocese there is that thread of orthodoxy running through containing Christ's Truth.

    The pastor of our parish is excellent - orthodox to the core, a good man and a holy priest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look for him to be elevated to the junta of nine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mathew 25:34-46

    “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

    “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

    “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

    “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

    “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
    “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

    “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

    Fr. Pedro Corces is unquestionably at the right of Jesus; his slanderers at Jesus’ left.

    As well put by a parishioner, there is one TRUTH: “...The picture they [Christifidelis] present of him is completely opposed to the Fr. Pedro Corces that I have known for many years….and everyone else that have through him experienced the Gospel being made present in the world around us, mainly on His care for the poor, for the discarded, for any one in need of His word and support in their needs and sufferings.”

    The hundreds of testimonies already issued in strong support of Fr. Corces confirm this one and only TRUTH: he is a very good man.

    Stop lynching people for free. Find out first who they truly are.

    ReplyDelete