Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

Ben Stein's Tribute to His Father

I love Ben Stein! I loved his movie, Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. What a joy to see that arrogant so-called scientist, Richard Dawkins, appear like the fanatical nutcase he is speculating that aliens seeded the planet with life. Hey, it makes as much sense as the primordial soup.

Then there's the delightful column he wrote about Christmas controversy where he described how much he enjoyed Christmas trees and wished everyone a Merry Christmas.


But today I read a column that brought tears to my eyes, a column about Ben Stein's father. What a tribute and work of love. Read it and reflect on your own father.

He Saved My Life Time and Again

Isn't it refreshing to see a son write an "ode" praising his father? There's certainly no lack of sons trashing them (not to mention movies and TV shows).

Like Mark Antony said in Julius Caesar, the good men do is often "interred with their bones." I think of all the Hollywood celebrities who enjoy blaming their parents in public and wonder....If I did a statistical random sample would I find a significant difference in the way liberals talk about their parents and the way conservatives talk about theirs? Interesting question, I think.

Today, though, I'm just talking about one father, Ben Stein's "Pop"...and the son who loves and misses him. It was an invitation to reflect on my own dad and the influence he had on my life. Thanks, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment