Bill Clilnton: "I did not have sex with that woman."
Barack Obama: "There was no cover up."
Well, it all depends on the meaning of crook, is, and cover up.
As for Benghazi, Obama's story is continually changing. The timeline shows that the administration was very reluctant to call it terrorism and were still blaming the stupid video for weeks after the attack. Here's the timeline according to Fox News:
- Sept. 11 - Benghazi attack
- Sept 12 - Obama rose garden phrase condemning "acts of terror" but later says it's "too early" to figure out what happened.
- Sept 14 - Press secretary Jay Carney denies it was a pre-planned attack. Hillary Clinton blames the internet video at a ceremony at Andrews Air Force Base. (Clinton's comments on the video begin around shortly after minute 16.)
- Sept 16 - Susan Rice blames Benghazi on a "protest" relating to the video.
It's interesting that in the midst of the whistleblowers testifying on the hill, the IRS scandal hit as well. In view of the IRS targeting conservative groups, does anyone really believe anything this administration claims? And does anyone buy the story that it was IRS underlings who decided to target the conservative groups? I used to be a civil servant years ago and I just don't believe it. The whole scenario reminds me of Nixon's "enemies list." And remember Rahm Emmanuel and his dead fish comments or Obama's statement that if they bring a knife to the fight we bring a gun. This is a president who lies outright, drops facts down the memory hole, makes things up as he goes along, demonizes his opponents, and creates division whenever he opens his mouth.
- Sept 20 - Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center responds to a question in a Senate meeting and calls the attack "terrorism." However, he also continues the administration narrative that it was a spontaneous operation, not a pre-planned attack.
Pray for the truth to come out about Benghazi. The families of the victims deserve it!