Exactly how many abortionists/workers have been murdered since 1973? Here's the body count (8) according to Wikipedia:
- March 10, 1993: Dr. David Gunn of Pensacola, Florida was fatally shot during a protest.... Michael F. Griffin was found guilty of Gunn's murder and was sentenced to life in prison.
- July 29, 1994: Dr. John Britton and James Barrett, a clinic escort, were both shot to death outside another facility, the Ladies Center, in Pensacola. Rev. Paul Jennings Hill was charged with the killings.
- December 30, 1994: Two receptionists, Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols, were killed in two clinic attacks in Brookline, Massachusetts. John Salvi was arrested and confessed to the killings. He died in prison and guards found his body under his bed with a plastic garbage bag tied around his head. Salvi had also confessed to a non-lethal attack in Norfolk, Virginia days before the Brookline killings.
- January 29, 1998: Robert Sanderson, an off-duty police officer who worked as a security guard at an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama, was killed when his workplace was bombed. Eric Robert Rudolph, who was also responsible for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing, was charged with the crime and received two life sentences as a result.
- October 23, 1998: Dr. Barnett Slepian was shot to death with a high-powered rifle at his home in Amherst, New York. His was the last in a series of similar shootings against providers in Canada and northern New York state which were all likely committed by James Kopp. Kopp was convicted of Slepian's murder after finally being apprehended in France in 2001.
- May 31, 2009: Dr. George Tiller was shot and killed by Scott Roeder as Tiller served as an usher at church in Wichita, Kansas.
Now what about the body count of the abortionists? Over two hundred women and 55 million babies! How many abortionists again? Four of the eight murdered mill workers!
Tell me again how sorry we should feel for Warren Hern and his brotherhood of hired killers? And how scared he should be of the folks outside his abortion mill?
Wow! Those 40 Days for Life prayer warriors are scary!
It's hard for me to feel much sympathy for anyone who has made a living by killing babies, even babies a few weeks from birth, and daring to call it "health care." But that's the rhetoric of the serial abortion killer. He is the poor, persecuted victim - not the babies he murders or the women he exploits (some of them victims of statutory rape, others being coerced by parents or boyfriends).
But, Hern claims, it's pro-lifer's "rhetoric" that kills. No, what kills, is the "Tiller protocol" hired assassins like Hern employ in their bloody business to make sure they get a dead baby. Note that a woman who aborts in this way is generally sent home or back to her hotel with laminaria inserted in her cervix. She is medically unmonitored as she waits for labor to begin. Is it really surprising that some of these women die from their "safe" abortions?
And speaking of violence, how often have you read in the media about the violence against pro-lifers? There's plenty of it. Read here. There's also the violence against the women to coerce them to have abortions. Pro-abortionists are in a bloody, violent business and violence surrounds it? What is amazing is how peaceful the pro-life movement opposing this bloodbath has been. It is the most peaceful social movement in history! Let me make it absolutely clear that I am opposed to killing abortionists and abortion workers. But, like the pro-abortionists say, how can I impose my morality on others? The "pro-choice" crowd says it's okay to kill babies in the womb. Many of them say it's okay to kill babies after they're born. Many say it's okay to kill other folks if they're sick or handicapped. So tell me again why killing an abortionist is wrong according to their philosophy?