Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2021

In View of My Post on the Snurches....


Hat tip to James Donovan for his comment on my earlier post which led me to the video. I wonder how many others are thinking about Dr. Seuss these days. He was a man with a keen sense of the ridiculous, even though (sadly) he was a liberal who supported the murder of the unborn. He even threatened to sue a pro-life group for using Horton Hears a Who in their promotional literature. After all, "a person's a person no matter how small" unless that person happens to be living in the womb under his mommy's heart. 

Will you join me today in praying for Theodore Geisel? We're getting ready for Mass and I'm taking him with me. He brought a lot of entertainment to my children when they were little. Even today I can remember lines from many of his stories and a personal favorite when I was a child was And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, first published in 1937, ten years before I was born. 

So I have an affection for Dr. Seuss and regret his support for the death peddlers. I hope Jesus looked at him when he was dying in 1991 and said, "Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he does. "I'm praying that God poured out His grace on Theodore at that moment and he repented. God help us; we all need that grace at the moment of death! Dr. Seuss touched my own life and the lives of my children. How can I not pray that he repented at the 11th hour like the good thief? 

"Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you." Matthew 5:44

I'll be praying for a few trolls this morning as well. May we all celebrate the King of Kings today as we begin this new Year of the Lord 2021.

And if you want to show your children The Sneetches, here's the video:  


No comments:

Post a Comment