Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Feast of the Annuciation

My mom and dad named me Mary because I was born the day after the Feast of the Annunciation. So, every time the feast lands on a Sunday I have the particular blessing of sharing the day with my patron saint, Our Lady. That always gives me a special joy because ever since I was in the Sodality in high school I've been devoted to Mary and I love to imagine myself wrapped in the folds of her mantle, the image she presented to St. Juan Diego.

Today I'm reciting the Litany of the Blessed Mother as a thank you for her motherly protection of a spiritual daughter who desires to be always faithful to her Son. I hope you'll join me in saying it today in honor of our spiritual mother. And here's one of my favorite depictions of the Annunciation from Murillo. Our Lady, Mother of the Savior, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment